Saturday, 16 May 2015

Silk Philosophy

Hello Fashionistas,

Happy Saturday, I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing day where ever you are.

Today on the blog I am excited share with you my collaboration with the NYC based company Silk Philosophy. Run by three fabulous women "three ambitious girls, one style affair" Nishta, Milda and Rasa, this company produces handmade, limited edition, beautiful silk accessories. They use fine silk fabrics from select merchants here in NYC. Anna Sui and Oscar de la Renta are just a couple of the design house that their fabrics are sourced from - so you know you're in good company. 

Most importantly for me, this is a woman-run company using their creativity and business savvy to create something beautiful together #sisterhood

The scarf they gifted me is one of their bestsellers, a gorgeous vintage floral print which reminds me a little of a Cath Kidston design (shout-out to all you English readers with one of her tea towels currently hanging on the cooker!) It comes with a gold ring that enables you to style it in many different ways (perfect for me!)

Here it is #fourwaystowear (yeah four, I'm value for money this week biatches). 

Check out their website to see more of their designs. I particularly liked the red scarf with the anchor print on it, very nautical chic.

#1 Wear it as a headscarf for a little 60's cool.

#2 Wrap it around your ankle to add some zing to plain pumps

#3 Wrap it around your arm. This look made me think of that Carrie Bradshaw outfit (photo below) that she wears when helping an old lady up a curb as the lady comments "well that's a crazy outfit" 


#4 The most classic way it to wear it, around the wrist as a bracelet.



Thanks Nishta for the collaboration!

Scarf/Ring: Silk Philosophy
Top: Topshop, Skirt: Primark, Shoes: Christian Louboutin

Photos: Denton Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so sorry for this but I am stealing the scarf tied on the arm ala Carrie idea! It is soooooo pretty I can't even....*_*
    You are my fashion guru! Wonderful scarf, kudos to Silk Philosophy for being so awesome!

    ReplyDelete